CDS CC Policy Compliance Surveys is an abbreviated survey that focuses solely on providing data for general manager monitoring reports on Board policies. offers Workplace Satisfaction Survey
Click here for more information on our Workplace Satisfaction Survey, which offers questions targeted to topics essential to productive positive workplaces such as Communication, Supervision, Training and Development, Human Resources Practices, Co-op wide Management Practices, Co-op Operations, and Department Operations, as well as Board Policies on Staff Treatment and Compensation.
Policy Compliance Survey Features
- Assistance with pre-survey planning and launch including customized staff memo
- Questions targeted specifically to your Board Policies
- Telephone interviews of random employee sample to support data
- Policy Compliance Report suitable for sharing with Board
- Co-op Comparison Table with gap analysis of data from over 140 peer co-op surveys
ALL CDS CC Employee Surveys:
- Absolutely confidential. Not only should staff have confidence that their ratings and comments on a survey questionnaire will not be revealed to anyone, they should also know that the survey data will be analyzed without bias – something only external experts can provide.
- Contains questions targeted to elicit answers in terms of board expectations and policies. We design questions that will give the GM and the board the data they need to know whether management is in compliance. We will write a separate report for the GM to provide to the board.
- Reflects the opinions of ALL the staff (or a randomly selected portion for surveys that only measure compliance with Board policies). Participants should not self-select based on the intensity of their interest. Self-selection tends to skew results, usually toward the negative. We work with management to ensure that all eligible staff complete the questionnaires. We set a target of not less than 90% participation and usually get 100%.
- Surveys taken online: CoopMetrics created a survey program exclusively for CDS CC making taking the survey easy and efficient for your employees. Each employee is assigned a key code so we can identify which key codes have not been used. The HR manager can then follow up with those key code-holders to remind them to take the survey.
- Follow-up one-to-one interviews with randomly selected employees to provide more insight into the meaning of the survey results. Staff are more likely to open up to an unbiased outsider that ensures confidentially. We find these follow-up interviews to be essential in interpreting the scores. The questions we ask in these interviews are based on the survey results, so they vary from one survey to another.
- Compares results to peer organizations to get a sense of whether the scores are “high” or “low.” We have conducted over 140 surveys for retail natural food co-ops in the past 20 years. We have a database of the responses to which we can compare your employees’ responses.
- Uses standard deviation as a tool to see where employees strongly differ, or not, on any given question. This is an essential aid in interpreting survey results, particularly on questions concerning discrimination.
CDS Consulting Co-op has recently conducted surveys using this methodology for BriarPatch, Central Co-op, Co-opportunity, East End Food Co-op, Just Food, Los Alamos Cooperative Market, Maple City Market, Mississippi Market, Neighborhood Co-op Grocery, Oneota Community Co-op, Oryana Food Co-op, Ozark Natural Foods, Sno-Isle Food Co-op, Wheatsville Co-op, Wild Oats Market.