Creating entrance points within the co-op to welcome people and increase their understanding of cooperation allows people to move with ease from one place on the spectrum of involvement and loyalty to another.
The CDS Consulting Co-op advocates for democratic participation in co-ops using the paradigm of Own, Use, Serve and Belong that inspires innovation and leadership in our cooperatives.
CDS Consulting Co-op can assess your co-op’s operational abilities to carry out a successful member services program and recommend improvements to any aspect of your outreach activities.
A member services evaluation may include assistance with the following:
- Ownership recruitment materials and training
- Ownership systems: member services database, stock records, patronage dividend systems, process for joining the co-op, membership drives
- Outreach to current members: internal and external outreach plans
- Education and training
- Member meetings and community education
- CBLD is a calendar-year program designed to assist your board all year long. In addition to the CBLD program, our consultants offer a wide range of board development services to meet your needs